Neighborhood News from Avon appears on Thursdays. To contribute, mail items to
2965 Hayes St.
or call 934-4417.
Benefit to benefit city
The Avon Junior Women's Club hosts its annual March Magic Benefit for the city of Avon at 7 p.m. Saturday, March 25 at Breezewood Party Center, 1461 Lake Breeze Road, Sheffield. Proceeds from this year's event benefit the Avon Parks and Recreation Department, Avon Band Boosters, Avon Educational Endowment Fund and the Avon Junior Women's Scholarship Fund. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased by calling 937-6808.
Preschool story program
Avon Preschool Story Program will be Monday, March 27 at 6:30 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. in Avon Branch Library. Preregistration is required by calling 934-4743.
Schools lunch menu
Take a look at what's served for lunch in the Avon schools from March 23 to 30:
- Today: French toast sticks, sausage patty, hash brown, orange juice
- Friday: Fish sandwich, fries, diced peaches, brownie
- Monday: Chicken patty sandwich, tator tots, applesauce
- Tuesday: Grilled cheese, tomato soup with crackers, fruit cup
- Wednesday: Pepperoni pizza, buttered corn, grapes
- Thursday: Corn dog, baked beans, diced pears, cookie
- Today: French toast sticks, sausage link, hash brown, orange juice
- Friday: Mozzarella cubes, marinara sauce, garlic breadsticks, diced pears
- Monday: Barbecue rib sandwich, tator tots, pineapple tidbits
- Tuesday: Chicken patty sandwich, pasta salad, vegetables, orange push up
- Wednesday: Nachos, Mexi corn, applesauce
- Thursday: Corn dog, tator tots, grapes
- Today: Chicken soft taco, bean dip with chips
- Friday: Macaroni and cheese, carrots with dip, sweet potato, cake
- Monday: Salisbury steak, steamed rice, buttered peas
- Tuesday: Grilled cheese, tomato soup with croutons
- Wednesday: Hot ham and cheese sandwich, pasta salad
- Thursday: Double cheeseburger, tator tots
Adult book talk
The Adult Book Discussion Group will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 28 in Avon Branch Library. New members are welcome.
Veterans discuss raffle
The Avon Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 7035 will meet Thursday, March 30 at 8 p.m. to make plans for the ham raffle scheduled for Saturday, April 15 at 8 p.m.
Weight group to meet
The TOPS group meets Wednesdays at the Lions Community Center, Eaton Drive, at 6:30 p.m. for weigh-in, with a meeting to follow. For information, call Mary Lee at 933-9453 or Sharon, 933-2422.
Lenten fish fries
Holy Trinity Church members are serving fish fries each Friday during Lent. They will be serving between 4 and 8 p.m. The church is at 33601 Detroit Road, Avon. The church hall is located on Nagel Road, south of the church.
Antique association show
The Heart of Avon Antique Show will be Sunday, March 26 at Tom's Country Place, Stoney Ridge Road, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., sponsored by the French Creek Antique Association. Refreshments will be available.
(c) 2000, The Morning Journal