Neighborhood News from Avon appears on Thursdays. To contribute, mail items to
2965 Hayes St.
or call 934-4417.
Historical Society meeting
The Avon Historical Society will meet Monday, Oct. 2, at 7 p.m. in Avon Town Hall at Stoney Ridge and Detroit roads. The program will include Milly Arthrell who will speak about the Lewis and Clark expedition. Guests are welcome.
Parents club book talk
The Avon Preschool Parents Club will have a book discussion in the Avon Branch Library on Tuesday, Oct. 3 at 7 p.m.
Hall of Fame discussion
Discussion regarding establishing an Avon Athletic Hall of Fame will be held Thursday, Oct. 4 at 7:30 p.m. in the lecture hall of Avon High School. Avon schools Athletic Director Brent Betts said interested persons are invited to attend.
Choir boosters meeting
The Choir Booster Club will meet in the music room at Avon High School on Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 7 p.m.
Fall rummage sale
The Holy Trinity Church Ladies Guild will hold a fall rummage sale on Monday, Oct. 2 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Tuesday, Oct. 3 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the church hall, 2630 Nagel Road. Fill-a-bag for $2, all day Tuesday.
Library offers book discussion
The evening adults' book discussion club will meet in the Avon Branch Library on Wednesday, Oct. 4, at 7 p.m. The book being discussed is ''Darwin's Radio.'' Guest are welcome.
Lunch menu selection
Look what's cooking in the Avon City Schools from Thursday, Sept. 28, to Thursday Oct. 5:
Avon East Elementary and Village:
- Thursday: Hot Italian submarine, garden salad, fresh grapes
- Friday: Rotini with meatballs, bread stick, peas and carrots, diced peaches, birthday cake
- Monday: Hamburger on bun, tator tots, pineapple tidbits
- Tuesday: Chicken nuggets, cheesy mashed potatoes, roll and butter, green beans, applesauce
- Wednesday: Chuck E. Cheese pizza, tossed salad, diced pears
- Thursday: Grilled cheese, noodley tomato soup, Mandarin oranges
Avon Middle School
- Thursday: Hot Italian submarine or Philly steak sandwich, Caesar salad, fresh grapes
- Friday: Spaghetti with meat sauce or rotini with pepperoni, bread stick, peas and carrots, cookie
- Monday: Hamburger on bun or chili dog, tator tots, pineapple tidbits
- Tuesday: Chicken nuggets or bowl of chili, cheesy mashed potatoes, roll and butter, green beans, applesauce
- Wednesday: Chuck E. Cheese pizza or McRib, tossed salad, diced pears
- Thursday: Grilled cheese, noodley tomato soup, mandarin orange
(c) 2000, The Morning Journal