Neighborhood News from Avon appears on Thursdays. To contribute, mail items to
2965 Hayes St.
or call 934-4417.
Middle, high school dances
A sock hop is scheduled tomorrow at 7 p.m. Clow, D 1/24/01 Jan. 26, for Avon Middle School students. A ''Snowball Dance'' will be Saturday, Jan. 27, from 8 to 11:30 p.m. at Avon High School.
Get your sub sandwiches
Pickup of sub sandwiches for Super Bowl Sunday will be at 10 a.m. at Avon High School.
Make a basket craft
High school students through adults can make a homespun basket during a craft program on Sunday, Jan. 28, at 1 p.m. at the Avon Branch Library. The fee is $15, due at the time of preregistration. Anyone interested is urged to stop at the library to pay the fee and pick up a list of materials that will be needed for the craft program.
Lunch menu selection
Check out the Avon schools lunch menu from Jan. 25 to Feb. 1:
Avon East and Village elementary:
- Thursday: French toast sticks, sausage patty, hashbrowns, orange juice, milk
- Friday: Chicken patty on a bun, tator tots, fruity cocktail, milk
- Monday: Beef and bean taco with lettuce and cheese, Spanish rice, applesauce, milk
- Tuesday: Rotini and meat sauce, garlic breadstick, tossed salad, diced peaches, milk
- Wednesday: Cheesy pizza, seasoned broccoli, fruity cocktail, milk
- Thursday: Ham and cheese bagel, noodly chicken soup, baby carrots with dip, fruity cocktail
Avon Middle and high school:
- Thursday: Buttermilk pancakes, cheesy eggs, hashbrowns, orange juice, cold milk
- Friday: Chicken patty on a bun, or chicken nuggets, whipped potatoes, fruity cocktail, milk
- Monday: Beefy burrito casserole or soft chicken taco, seasoned rice and beans, applesauce, milk
- Tuesday: Ravioli, garlic breadstick, tossed salad, diced peaches, milk
- Wednesday: Cheesy pizza or cheese dippers, broccoli, fruity cocktail, milk
- Thursday: Ham and cheese bagel or chef salad with croutons, noodly chicken soup, fruit cocktail
Challenger baseball registration
The Avon Little League's challenger division has open registration for Lorain County physically and mentally challenged boys and girls, ages 5 to 18. Call Dave Binder at 937-5778, for more information.
The Latest News
(c) 2001, The Morning Journal